Monday, November 28, 2011

Gearing up for the holidays!

I've been busy the last couple days putting up Christmas decorations, and have a few commissions lined up to finish by the Holiday.  Busy as I have been, I still have an itch to do some Christmas paintings.  I loved drawing pictures of Santa as a kid- I even went so far as writing and illustrating a young reader book when I was about ten called Doppy the Christmas Elf- which will never see the light of day again! I love the Coca-Cola vision of Santa created by  Haddon Sundblom.



I eventually would like to do series paintings for my other favorite holiday too- Halloween, and some classic fairy tales like Snow White and Hansel and Gretel.   One thing at a time I guess.


Yesterday I finished reading The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.  Loved it!  It was also nice to have a cameo of Claire and Bay from Sarah's first book, Garden Spells, which has the honor of being my first Nook Book purchase before my deployment, and which I got a bunch of my fellow soldiers to read after a generous donation made by Sarah herself last year for our company book club.  I hope many more soldiers overseas have enjoyed them as much as we did as we donated them to the camp MWR before heading home. Hmm, maybe I could do some paintings inspired by some of my favorite books.  This is why I have such a hard time getting projects done- always so excited to start the next one!  Yes, one thing at a time.  :/

No comments: